1. Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Services. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Services account and/or through the Services the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Services following such notice as your acceptance of the changes.
2. Third Parties. The Services may contain, and we may send to registered users, offers from third parties or links to third party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request that such third parties provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
3. Collected Information
Information You Submit. When you log-in to or create an account with the Services, we collect the information you provide in the applicable form. This information includes personally identifiable information such as your name, phone number and password. When we refer to "personally identifiable information" in this Policy, we mean information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Services.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Services, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Services and the users who you chat with or express interest in chatting with. This also includes server log data such as the IP address, browser type, or device ID of your computer or mobile device, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website. As described below, we collect this information through a number of means, including server logs, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Services. But if we do so, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Mobile Device IDs. When you use our Apps, will create a unique, random alphanumeric identifier and associate it with your device and the information about you on our servers. We will use this identifier to recognize and remember your device and your preferences when you use our Apps. If you enable push notifications, we will collect and use your device’s hard-coded unique identifier in order to be able to send your push notifications.
Location-Based Information. If you allow it through your mobile device preferences, we will receive information regarding your precise location when an App is running on your device. We will use this information to provide features of such App, and to improve and customize the Services.
Social Networking Information. We may allow you to link your Services account with your Facebook, Twitter or other social networking service account in connection with determination of your identity. When you do this, the social networking services will provide us with access to certain information that you have provided to such service (such as your profile picture, professional experience, and connections), and we will use, store and disclose such information in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which a social networking services uses, stores and discloses your information is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of the applicable service, and not the Company.
Chat Content. When you use the Services to engage in a conversation with another user, we retain a record of the content of your chat. We may make such content available to you and the user with whom you conversed. We will not read the content of your chat session unless the chat session becomes relevant to a dispute between you and another user, unless you or the other user asks us to review such content, in connection with analyzing the usage of the Services or as we deem reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, statute, rule or court order.
Online Tracking and Cookies. The Services may use web beacons, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms to collect information. "Beacons" (also often referred to as "pixels") are tiny graphics on a web page designed to track when a page is viewed. Beacons also can be inserted into emails in order to track certain information, including whether an email has been opened. "Cookies" are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are downloaded by your web browser or mobile device when you visit a website. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies when you access and use the Services. Cookies may be used, for example, to remember your user account information and your preferences, to customize the interface of the Services for you and to assist us in measuring and analyzing Services traffic. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Services. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your browser's documentation to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings. You can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer's hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored. We partner with certain third parties to collect non-personally identifiable information. These third parties may use web logs, web beacons or other online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device. Means of opting out of this third-party data collection are discussed below in Section 6.
Transactions. Certain features of the Services require payments to the Company. If you participate in such a transaction, Stripe, Inc. or such other third party payment processor as Company may utilize from time to time will receive your payment information for purposes of processing such transaction and we will receive such payment. The Company does not receive your credit card information.
4. Use of Information
We use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information,
including, for example, to verify your identity, to create and maintain a Services account for you
or respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use submitted information and collected
information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Services to you.
- We make your submitted information available to other users of the Service you have signed up to
chat with. You understand that such users may retain your submitted information after you have
terminated your Services account.
- We may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Services.
- We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and
others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Services in order to help us
improve the Services and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide
agreements that may affect your use of the Services.
- We may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Services with other
information that we collect about you in other contexts-such as our communications with you via
e-mail, phone or postal mail. We also may combine the information that we collect from you with
information provided by third parties, such as public records. We will handle such combined
information in accordance with this Policy.
5. How We Disclose Information.
We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- If you make any payments through the Services, our third party transaction processing service
provider will receive your billing information. Note that the Company does not receive your billing
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable
information about our user base and its usage patterns.
- We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third party partners in furtherance of
our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or
service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and
services of such partners.
- The Company uses contractors and third party service providers to provide the Services to our users
and to help us provide services in connection with the Services. For example, we use third parties
to help us target and implement our email communications and direct mailings. Such third parties may
receive information from us for use for such purposes.
- We also may share your information with other third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests
for services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; or to meet the terms of any agreement
that you have with us or our partners.
- The Services may enable you to share personally identifiable information directly with websites or
online services operated by third parties. For example, the Services may contain links to
third-party websites that incorporate comment and social media features. The Services also may
contain a Facebook "like" button, a Twitter "follow" button, and other similar social media
features. If you choose to use these features, you may disclose your information not just to those
third-party websites and services, but also to their users and the public more generally. Because
these third-party websites and services are not operated by the Company, we are not responsible for
the content or practices of those websites or services. The collection, use, and disclosure of your
information will be subject to the privacy policies of the third party websites or services, and not
- The Services may integrate certain third-party plug-ins (such as a Facebook "like" button). Even if
you do not click on these plug-ins, they may collect information about you, such as your IP address
and the pages that you view. They also may set and/or access a cookie. These plugins are governed by
- We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on this Services to third parties
or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third party sources in order
to generate such reports.
6. Legal Requirements and Other Special Circumstances. We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
7. Advertising. We may engage third party online advertising technology service providers to help us deliver advertisements to you on websites you visit after using the Services. This is a common practice known as “re-targeting.” For information about these practices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website. You may remove yourself from targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out here, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here. Like many websites, the Services does not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers, but you can limit tracking through these third-party programs by taking the steps discussed above.
8. Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your Services account and view or amend your user account information at any time, although you cannot change your phone number. Please note that while changes to your account information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your Services account user information does not affect any other information collected by the Company, which the Company may retain and continue to use or disclose in accordance with this Policy.
9. Choices Regarding Commercial Emails. To the extent we send you commercial e- mails with marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
10. Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
11. Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information and chat content) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
12. Transfer to the U.S. Or other Countries. The Company is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be transferred to, stored, and otherwise processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. The Company also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, third parties in the United States or countries other than your country of residence. The data protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By using the Services or by providing any personal data to the Company, you consent to such transfer and processing of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
13. Children Under 13. The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Services is intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Services and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to delete that Services account and any such personally identifiable information.
14. Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.