Please read this Agreement carefully, as it (among other things) provides in Section 16 that you and the Company will arbitrate certain claims instead of going to court and that you will not bring class action claims against the Company. Please only create a Service account or otherwise use the Service if you agree to be legally bound by all terms and conditions herein. If you are viewing this on your mobile device, you can also view this Agreement via a web browser at http://muxgram.com/termsofuse. Your acceptance of this Agreement creates a legally binding contract between you and the Company. If you do not agree with any aspect of this Agreement, then do not create a Service account or otherwise use the Service. If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, "you" and "your" will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH COMPANY IS LIMITED TO BEING A SITE USER, AND NOT AN EMPLOYEE, AGENT, JOINT VENTURER OR PARTNER OF COMPANY FOR ANY REASON, AND YOU ACT EXCLUSIVELY ON YOUR OWN BEHALF AND FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, AND NOT ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF COMPANY. COMPANY DOES NOT CONTROL OR MONITOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OR SUPERS USERS VIA THE SERVICE. YOU AGREE NOT TO DO ANYTHING TO CREATE A FALSE IMPRESSION THAT YOU ARE ENDORSED BY, PARTNERING WITH, OR ACTING ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF COMPANY, INCLUDING BY INAPPROPRIATELY USING ANY COMPANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
Note for Children. Use of the Service by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. By using the Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years of age.
1. How it Works. The Service allows (i) site users to sign up to chat with Super Users via one of our Apps or SMS text; and (ii) Super Users to sign up with the Service to be available for users to sign up to chat with them. If you sign up to chat with a Super User, they may receive certain of your personal information, including, but not limited to, your name and phone number. Although you may sign up for the Service via the Site or the Apps, all such communications are performed using the built-in text messaging application on your mobile device, the Apps and/or certain third-party services.
3.1 You acknowledge that all communications you enter into with other users or Super Users via the Service are between you and the other Service user or Super User and the Company is not a party to such communications. The Company’s sole involvement in user-to-user communications is to make available the Services via which such communications are enabled.
3.2 You are solely responsible for investigating the qualifications, experience, skills and credentials of any Super User with whom you may communicate with through the Service. You acknowledge that the Company: (i) does not screen users with respect to their trustworthiness, history of violence, criminal background or any other background checks; (ii) does not control or monitor your interactions with such other users or Super Users, including any offers or transactions referred to in such communications; and (iii) shall not be liable in any manner for the content or outcome of any such interactions. Additionally, you understand that the Super Users you designate may receive your personal information. Such Super Users hereby agree (i) to discard such personal information after the termination or expiration of this Agreement with regard to such Super User; and (ii) to only use such personal information in connection with the Service, unless expressly authorized otherwise by the applicable user. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each user understands and agrees that the Company shall not be responsible for any liability arising from or related to such Super User’s retention or misuse of such personal information, whether during the term of this Agreement or afterwards.
3.3 While the Company does not control the acts or omissions of Service users, the Company does desire for Service users to have a good experience using the Service and interacting with other users. As such, when you use the Service in a Super User capacity, you agree to accurately describe your qualifications and experience and not make any false or misleading statements relating to any of the foregoing. Without limiting the Company’s other rights to terminate this Agreement or your use of the Service, you acknowledge that the Company may terminate your use of the Service and this Agreement in the event that the Company determines (in its sole discretion) that you have breached any portion of this Section 3.3.
3.4 The Service may allow you and other users to share text, images, audio and video with other end users of the Service via the text messaging application on your mobile device, the Apps and certain third-party services (“Media”). Some or all of your Media may be removed at any time, for any reason or for no reason and without notice. Without limiting the foregoing, your Media may be removed if the Company determines (in its sole discretion) that its content is inappropriate or if it is the subject of flagging by other Service users.
3.5 You shall retain all of your ownership rights in your Media. You hereby grant the Company a nonexclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, sublicenseable and transferable license to use your Media for purposes of troubleshooting and improving the Service and for use in providing the Service (for example, to allow Super Users to refer to a transcript of conversations with users). Media you submit to Third-Party Services (as defined in Section 7) through the Service is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Third-Party Service.
3.6 You understand that all Media is provided to you through the Service only on an “as-available” basis and the Company does not guarantee that the availability of Media will be uninterrupted or bug free. You agree you are responsible for all of your Media and all activities that occur under your user account.
3.7 In connection with your Media, you agree that you will not: (i) use material that is subject to third-party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant the Company all of the license rights granted herein; or (ii) use material that is unlawful, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, obscene, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate any law or is otherwise inappropriate.
3.8 You hereby acknowledge that you may be exposed to Media from other users that is inaccurate, offensive, obscene, indecent, or objectionable when using the Service, and further acknowledge that the Company does not control the Media shared by Service users and does not have any obligation to monitor such content for any purpose.
4. Representations and Warranties. You represent, warrant and covenant that, in connection with this Agreement or the Service, you will not and will not attempt to: (i) violate any laws, third-party rights or our other policies; (ii) offer for sale or rent, sell or rent, purchase or otherwise transfer, deal in or dispose of illegal products or services or products or services that encourage illegal activities, controlled substances, offensive materials, stocks or other securities, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, firearms, weapons, explosives, hazardous materials, any item that has been subject to a recall or that you believe may be unsafe when used in an ordinary manner, alcohol, tobacco products, animals, plants or seeds; (iii) re-join or attempt to use the Service if the Company has banned or suspended you; (iv) defraud the Company or another user; or (vi) use another user’s account or allow another person to use your user account. Any illegal activities undertaken in connection with the Service may be referred to the authorities.
5. Ownership; Proprietary Rights. As between you and the Company, the Company owns all worldwide right, title and interest, including all intellectual property and other proprietary rights, in and to the Service and all usage and other data generated or collected in connection with the use thereof (the “Company Materials”). Except for as expressly set forth herein, you agree not to license, distribute, copy, modify, publicly perform or display, transmit, publish, edit, adapt, create derivative works from, or otherwise make any unauthorized use of the Company Materials. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise attempt to discover the source code, algorithm or programs underlying the Company Materials. The Company reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Service or any version(s) thereof at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
6. Third Party Sites. The Service may include advertisements or other links that allow you to access web sites or other online services that are owned and operated by third parties. You acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible and shall have no liability for the content of such third-party sites and services, products or services made available through them, or your use of or interaction with them.
7. Third-Party Services. The Service may include features or functionality that interoperate with online services operated by third parties (such services, “Third-Party Services”), pursuant to agreements between Company and the operators of such Third-Party Services (such agreements, “Third-Party Agreements” and such operators, “Operators”) or through application programming interfaces or other means of interoperability made generally available by the Operators (“Third-Party APIs”) which Company does not control. Third-Party Agreements and Third-Party APIs (and the policies, terms and rules applicable to Third-Party APIs) may be modified, suspended or terminated at any time. Company shall have no liability with respect to any such modification, suspension or termination. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the Service in connection with any Third-Party Service complies with all agreements, policies, terms and rules applicable to such Third-Party Service.
8. Mobile Services; SMS. Use of the Service requires usage of data and messaging services provided by your wireless service carrier. In particular, the Service uses SMS messaging to allow you to connect with other users or Super Users. You hereby consent to receiving such messages. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for data usage fees, messaging fees and any other fees that your wireless service carrier may charge in connection with your use of the Service.
9. Fees and Payments.
9.2 You acknowledge that by entering into this Agreement, you are also entering into the separate agreements referenced in Section 9.1 directly with our Payment Processor, that Company is not a party to such separate agreements and that Company is not an affiliate of our Payment Processor. You acknowledge and agree that Company does not control our Payment Processor or its performance of payment processing services, and that Company shall have no liability of any kind for any act or omission (including negligence) of our Payment Processor or any claim, demand, suit, damage, judgment, liability, loss, expense or cost incurred by you in relation to the performance or non-performance of payment processing services by our Payment Processor, other than to the extent to which any of the foregoing may arise from the gross negligence or willful misconduct of Company.
10. Prohibited Uses. As a condition of your use of the Service, you will not use the Service for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this Agreement. You may not use the Service in any manner that in our sole discretion could damage, disable, overburden, impair or interfere with any other party’s use of it. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Service. You agree not to scrape or otherwise use automated means to access or gather information from the Service, and agree not to bypass any robot exclusion measures we may put into place. In addition, you agree not to use false or misleading information in connection with your user account, and acknowledge that we reserve the right to disable any user account with a profile which we believe (in our sole discretion) is false or misleading (including a profile that impersonates a third-party).
11. Additional Terms. When you use certain features or materials on the Service, or participate in a particular promotion, event or contest through the Service, such use or participation may be subject to additional terms and conditions posted on the Service. Such additional terms and conditions are hereby incorporated within this Agreement, and you agree to comply with such additional terms and conditions with respect to such use or participation.
12. Termination. You may terminate this Agreement at any time, for any reason or for no reason, by deleting your Service account by contacting us at email@example.com. You agree that the Company, in its sole discretion and for any or no reason, may terminate this Agreement, your account or your use of the Service, at any time and without notice. The Company may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that the Company shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any such termination. Sections 3.2, 3.7, 4, 6, 7, 8 and 12 through 18 will survive any termination of this Agreement.
13. Disclaimers; No Warranties. THE SERVICE AND ANY MEDIA, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. THE COMPANY AND ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE AVAILABLE THE FEATURES AND FUNCTIONALITY THEREOF ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
14. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold the Company and its affiliated companies, and each of their officers, directors and employees, harmless from any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, (any of the foregoing, a “Claim”) arising out of or relating to your use or misuse of the Service, breach of this Agreement or infringement, misappropriation or violation of the intellectual property or other rights of any other person or entity, provided that the foregoing does not obligate you to the extent the Claim arises out of the Company’s willful misconduct or gross negligence. The Company reserves the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims.
15. Limitation of Liability and Damages. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES THAT ARISE OUT OF OR RELATE TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING YOUR USE THEREOF, OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH THE COMPANY, EVEN IF THE COMPANY OR A COMPANY AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, IN WHICH CASE THE COMPANY’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF COMPANY OR ITS AFFILIATES, CONTRACTORS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS.
16.1 Agreement to Arbitrate. This Section 16 is referred to herein as the “Arbitration Agreement.” The parties that any and all controversies, claims, or disputes between you and Company arising out of, relating to, or resulting from this Agreement, shall be subject to binding arbitration pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Arbitration Agreement, and not any court action (other than a small claims court action to the extent the claim qualifies). The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement.
16.2 Class Action Waiver. THE PARTIES AGREE THAT EACH PARTY MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS BOTH PARTIES AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S OR PARTY'S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE ARBITRATOR MAY AWARD RELIEF (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ONLY IN FAVOR OF THE INDIVIDUAL PARTY SEEKING RELIEF AND ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY'S INDIVIDUAL CLAIM(S).
16.3 Procedures. Arbitration will be conducted by a neutral arbitrator in accordance with the American Arbitration Association's ("AAA") rules and procedures (the "AAA Rules"), as modified by this Arbitration Agreement. If there is any inconsistency between the AAA Rules and this Arbitration Agreement, the terms of this Arbitration Agreement will control unless the arbitrator determines that the application of the inconsistent Arbitration Agreement terms would not result in a fundamentally fair arbitration. The arbitrator must also follow the provisions of this Agreement as a court would, including without limitation, the limitation of liability provisions in Section 15. You may visit http://www.adr.org for information on the AAA and http://www.adr.org/fileacase for information on how to file a claim against the Company.
16.4 Venue. The arbitration shall be held in the county in which you reside or at another mutually agreed location. If the value of the relief sought is $10,000 or less, you or Company may elect to have the arbitration conducted by telephone or based solely on written submissions, which election shall be binding on each party, but subject to the arbitrator's discretion to require an in-person hearing if the circumstances warrant. Attendance at any in-person hearing may be made by telephone by either or both parties unless the arbitrator requires otherwise.
16.5 Governing Law. The arbitrator will decide the substance of all claims in accordance with the laws of the state of California, without regard to its conflicts of laws rules, and will honor all claims of privilege recognized by law. The arbitrator shall not be bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving different Service users, but is bound by rulings in prior arbitrations involving you to the extent required by applicable law.
16.6 Costs of Arbitration. Payment of all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees (collectively, the "Arbitration Fees") will be governed by the AAA's Rules. Each party will be responsible for all other fees it incurs in connection with the arbitration, including without limitation, all attorney fees.
16.7 Confidentiality. All aspects of the arbitration proceeding, and any ruling, decision or award by the arbitrator, will be strictly confidential for the benefit of all parties.
16.8 Severability. If a court decides that any term or provision of this Arbitration Agreement other than Section 16.2 is invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Arbitration Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. If a court decides that any of the provisions of Section 16.2 is invalid or unenforceable, then the entirety of this Arbitration Agreement shall be null and void. The remainder of this Agreement will continue to apply.
17. Miscellaneous. The Company may make modifications, deletions and/or additions to this Agreement (“Changes”) at any time. Changes will be effective: (i) thirty (30) days after the Company provides notice of the Changes, whether such notice is provided through the Service user interface, is sent to the e-mail address associated with your account or otherwise; or (ii) when you opt-in or otherwise expressly agree to the Changes or a version of this Agreement incorporating the Changes, whichever comes first. Under this Agreement, you consent to receive communications from the Company electronically. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the Service that is not subject to arbitration under Section 16 shall be filed only in the state or federal courts in California (or a small claims court of competent jurisdiction) and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. The failure of any party at any time to require performance of any provision of this Agreement shall in no manner affect such party’s right at a later time to enforce the same. A waiver of any breach of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same or other provisions of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by the Company without restriction. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in a writing, signed by both parties, or by a change to this Agreement made by the Company as set forth herein.
18. More Information; Complaints. The services hereunder are offered by Muxgram, Inc., email: firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 415-944-9000. If you are a California resident, we are required to inform you that you may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs via mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834 or telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210. Hearing impaired users can reach the Complaint Assistance Unit at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.